On Thursday, Sep. 24, 2020, Dr. Idris Hadi Salih, President of Tishk International University (TIU), Asst. Prof. Dr. Wasfi Kahwachi, Admin. & Fin. Vice President, and Mr. Ako Sabah Mawlood, Head of Law Department, welcomed a delegation from Kirkuk University, College of Law led by the Dean of the School.
Based on a mutual commitment to further national understanding, sharing academic knowledge, establishing, and developing mutually beneficial academic contacts, the Faculty of Law, TIU, represented by Mr. Ako Sabah, signed a memorandum of understanding with the College of Law, Kirkuk University, represented by Asst. Prof. Dr. Salwa A. Maidan.
In general, the terms of the academic cooperation agreement aim to establish a program of exchange, association in areas of interest, and benefit both institutions. Moreover, the initiation of the agreement promotes the teaching and research activities of the respective institutions. It develops understanding at each institution of the academic and learning issues relating to its counterpart.
The Cooperation agreement contains many academic areas, including:
- Sharing information and publications, including exchanges between the libraries of each institution,
- Exchange of teaching and research staff to complement the courses offered by each institution,
- Organize symposia, conferences, short courses, and meetings on research issues.
- Carry out joint research and continuing education programs.
- Access to specific equipment and materials.
- Distribute each institution’s information about the faculty, facilities, research, publications, library materials, and other institution’s educational resources.
- Supervise Undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Meet periodically to review and evaluate past activities and to work out new ideas for future cooperative agreements.
- Other collaborative activities were agreed upon by both parties.