Position: Assistant lecturer and Clinical instructor
D. S., (Prosthodontics/Master’s degree) - 2013-2016 TNDrMGR Medical University, Chennai, India.
B. D. S, (Bachelor’s degree) – 2005-2010 Saveetha Dental College And Hospitals, Saveetha university, Chennai, india.
I believe learning is a continuous process and that teaching is a form of learning. By trying to teach more, we only learn more than what we teach. For this reason I consider my students as my teachers. I consider every opportunity I get at teaching, as my own learning experience. In a sense, I believe I’m teaching myself and I want my teacher (myself) to give the best to me.
Senior lecturer @Department of prosthodontics, Saveetha Dental College And Hospitals, Saveetha university, Chennai, India (2017-2018)
- Dental implant design and prosthodontics
- Material sciences and Biomechanics in Prosthodontics
- Maxillofacial prosthetics
BDS (Bachelor’s degree) – 2nd grade theory and preclinical course, 4th grade and 5th grade clinical course
Satya PM, Sengottaiyan VK, Ganapathy DM, Ariga P, Ashok V. A New Technique for the Fabrication of Interim Obturator. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences. 2020 Nov 30;9(48):3691-4.
ACADEMIC YEAR 2019-2020:
1) Sivarajan M, Sengottaiyan V, Ganapathy D. Knowledge and awareness of oral hygiene among nursing students. Drug Invention Today. 2019 Nov 15;12(11).
2) Chandrasekhar, H., Vinothkumar, S., & Ganapathy, D. (2019). Awareness about implant abutment connections among dental students. Drug Invention Today, 11(9), 2022-2026.
3) Priyadarshini, S., Vinothkumar, S., & Ganapathy, D. (2019). Status of dental caries among nursing students. Drug Invention Today 11 (1), 251-255.
4) Nandakumar, E., & Vinothkumar, S. (2019). Comparison of Awareness and Knowledge among Dental students and Dental practitioners about the materials used in making secondary Impression for complete Denture. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 9(2), 69-74.
5) Rithanya, P., Vinothkumar, S., & Ganapathy, D. (2019). Knowledge and awareness on malocclusion among nursing students. Drug Invention Today, 11(2), 319-323.
6) Guru, E. P., & Sengottaiyan, V. (2019). Awareness among Dental students on different Techniques available for Temporisation in FPD-A Survey. Research Journal of Science and Technology, 11(2), 129-134.
7) Thaper, S., Sengottaiyan, V., & Ganapathy, D. (2019). A review on the prevalence of marginal discrepancy between lithium disilicate and zirconia crowns manufactured using dental cad cam. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 10(1), 590-595.
8) Hussein, S., Sengottaiyan, V., & Ganapathy, D. (2019). Awareness on interocclusal record materials among dental interns in private dental colleges in Chennai. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 10(1), 583-589.
9) Nadar, S., Sengottaiyan, V., & Ganapathy, D. (2019). A questionnaire study on the impression techniques used for implant dentistry by different practitioners. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 10(1).
10)Sharma, N., Ganapathy, D., & Sengottaiyan, V. (2019). Knowledge, attitude, and practice on smoking habits among the adolescents in urban areas. Drug Invention Today, 11(2), 312-315.
11) A Menon, V Sengottaiyan, D Ganapathy. (2019) Osteoporosis and its dental impact. Drug Invention Today 11 (2), 282-285
12)PK Iyer, S Venugopalan, V Sengottaiyan, D Ganapathy. (2019) Knowledge, awareness, and perception on the status of malocclusion among adolescents in rural area (Thiruvallur). Drug Invention Today 11 (2), 329-333
13)N Murali, VP Ashok, V Sengottaiyan, D Ganapathy. (2019) Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice on management strategies among dental practitioners for treating oral manifestations of rheumatic fever. Drug Invention Today 11 (2), 422-425
14)Vinitha Sekar, Vinothkumar Sengottaiyan, Dhanraj Ganapathy. (2019). Implant considerations and surface modifications – A literature review. Drug invention today 11 (1), 259-263.
ACADEMIC YEAR 2018-2019:
1) BP Shenoy, V Sengottaiyan. (2018) Knowledge and Awareness among Dental Students on the use of Neutral Zone Technique for Fabrication of Complete Dentures. Research Journal of Science and Technology 10 (4), 261-269.
2) N Srinivasan, V Sengottaiyan, D Ganapathy. (2019). Zirconia as an alternative to titanium for oral implant-A review. Drug Invention Today. 11(2), p334-339.
ACADEMIC YEAR 2017-2018:
1) Arun kumar K, Vidya Sankari N, Naveen kumar T, Vinothkumar Sengottaiyan. (2017) Precautions to be considered in complete denture patients for various abnormal oral soft tissue conditions. JIDENT- Journal of integrated dentistry 1 (3), 1-6.
1. PRESENTED A PAPER TITLED “Use of multi-unit abutments in full mouth implant rehabilitations” AT 2nd Duhok International Dental Conference (DIDC) Duhok, KRG, Iraq on March 28-29, 2019.
2. PRESNTED A PAPER TILTLED “Comparison of surface detail reproduction of poly vinyl siloxane, polyether and polyvinyl ether silicone- an in vitro study” AT International dental conference Alnoor University college, Erbil, KRG, Iraq on April 11-12, 2019.
3. PRESENTED A PAPER TITLED “Prosthetic workflow in Full mouth Implant restorations” AT 4th International conference of oral sciences Erbil, KRG, Iraq on May 13-14 201.
4. PRESENTED AN E-POSTER TITLED “Rehabilitation of resected mandible with fibula graft and endosseous implants” AT 13th biennial conference of international society for maxillofacial rehabilitation Pune, India on 5,6,7,12,13&14 Feb 2021
DENT 281-282 Prosthodontics theory and practice I & II
DENT 481-482 prosthodontics theory V & VI
DENT 281-282 Prosthodontics theory and practice I & II
DENT 381-382 Prosthodontics theory and practice III & IV
DENT 281 Prostodontics T & P ii (fixed prosthodontics 2nd Grade under-graduate dentistry)