Faculty: TIU – Rectorate
Department: TIU – IT Services Unit
The workshop in brief:
Technologies for 5G and future generations of connectivity, when deployed in the 2020s, will provide higher bandwidth and lower latency than current-generation 4G technology. “5G and Beyond” will enable bandwidth in excess of 100s of Megabits per second (Mb/s) with the latency of less than 1 millisecond (ms), as well as provide connectivity to billions of devices. Most importantly, these technologies are expected to enable fundamentally new applications that will transform the way humanity lives, works, and engages with its environment. The members and societies recognize the disruptive nature of technologies enabling the 5G and Beyond vision, as well as the substantial technical barriers to its realization.
Number of participants: 22 participants.
Date and time: November 24-25, 2019
Place: Salahaddin University, Avicenna E-learning Center, Erbil.
Sunday, November 24, 2019
Assist. Prof. Dr.Ismail Musa Murad & Prof. Dr.Qaysar Salih
- An Overview of 5G Technology Network (Prof.Dr.Ismail Musa Murad)
- 5G Wireless Technologies: Challenges & Innovations (Prof. Dr.Qaysar Salih Mahdi)
Monday, November 25, 2019
- 5G Softwarization and Virtualization (Prof. Dr.Qaysar Salih Mahdi)
- 5G Environmental Science & Risk Advantageous and Disadvantages (Assist.Prof.Dr.Ismail Musa Murad)
Presenters names and affiliations:
IT Services Unit Director, Tishk International University.
- Prof. Dr.Ismail Musa Murad
Avicenna E-Learning Center.
Salahaddin University, Erbil.
Outcome(s) of the workshop:
- Transfer knowledge of the up to date 5G technology to all participants.
- Offering good opportunities to researchers, students, stakeholders, telecommunication organizations, industries and universities to improve their curriculum and their research projects.
- The main outcome is to improve the citizens’ telecommunication and social and economic services and offering good business opportunities and improve their economic incomes.
- This workshop paves the road-map for future development towards vertical industry and IIOT.
- Building good opportunities and good cooperation to all participants and universities to cooperate with each other’s towards developing the telecommunication services
- Improve and offer good skills to all participants and students.
- Opening new approaches towards building good relationships with international universities and 5G research centers.
- One of the important recommendations and outcomes is to build a 5G research center in Kurdistan to solve the 5G challenges and problems.
- Most importantly, these technologies are expected to enable fundamentally new applications that will transform the way humanity lives, works, and engages with its environment. The members and societies recognize the disruptive nature of technologies enabling the 5G and Beyond vision, as well as the substantial technical barriers to its realization.
- Tishk International University through Research center and IT Services Unit, pave the road map to open continues discussions, meetings, workshops, conferences, with the ministry of communication in Kurdistan, and Iraq, ministry of electricity, ministry of industry, telecommunication companies, and Internet companies and industries, researchers, students in order to handle strategic projects towards implementation the 5G technology in our country in addition to make mutual understanding between universities and the industry with private sectors towards the smart city.