Skip to content
Absence Policybusiness editor2020-12-08T13:00:54+00:00
- As per Article 17.1 of the Student Handbook, students are expected to attend a minimum of 80% of lectures for FASE courses.
- If you are ill (particularly due to Covid-19), then you must submit a petition with a copy of your medical certificate. For medical cases, the University allows up to an extra 10%, in line with article 17.2 of the Student Handbook.
- No other requests for absence will be granted by your lecturers or your Head of Department.
- At the end of the semester, the Faculty Council will consider the attendance record of each student.
- If you have failed in attendance and believe you have valid reasons for this, then you may submit a petition with supporting evidence to your Head of Department then.
- The petition will be considered by the Faculty Council and you will be advised of the outcome.
- For all missed lectures and assignments, students will need to write a petition and submit it to the Head of Department at the time, along with the supporting evidence (e.g. medical certificate). If approved, it is then the student’s responsibility to contact the relevant lecturer and request make-up assignments, quizzes etc.